The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield 187S 22lr need help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fatstrat 
#1 ·
Got this from a local shop, cleaned, lubed, etc., and tried it at the range. Loads and fires the first round, then loads the second but doesn't fire--seems like it's not cocking. I'm guessing it's something simple an experienced Savage/Stevens/Springfield guy would know.

Gun is in excellent shape otherwise, and I believe I reassembled it correctly.

#2 ·
Bad news. It's the nature of the gun. Like you I picked up a 187N a year or so ago. Same problem except that mine would occasionally go full auto for 2-3 rounds before it quit. I came here looking for answers and was advised to give up now. Very few gunsmiths will even take one in. It's a bad design that once worn, is nearly impossible to repair. Largely due to fact that new parts are nearly if not impossible to find. And any used parts likely came off a worn gun that had same problem.
They warned me, I said "Baloney". I can fix it. About 6 months and $60. worth of used parts purchased later I gave up and sold it to another sucker who thinks he can fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.