The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield 1911 Loaded...Stop Production ????

Tags
5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mcgreen85 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was just in Bass Pro & I was talking to the guy about ordering a Springfield 1911 Loaded, he told me that if I ordered one now it would be about 4 months before I would get it, he said that springfield has pretty much stopped making the loaded models unless you order one, then they build the one you order. Does anyone know if this is true, or has anyone heard anything about this ?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure if they stopped producing the Loaded. But I have heard for awhile they are tough to find or there is a couple months waiting period for one directly from the manufacturer.

The local range I shoot at has a little shop in back and they are a Springfield Armory dealer, and I know they have a Loaded 1911. They had 1 of those, two Mil-Specs, an EMP, and two TRPs the last time they had their 1911s out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped producing them in large quantities though. Because I mean the RO (Range Officer) has really taken the Loaded's place as their mid-level pistol. Because you figure you have the lower end ones like the GI and Mil-Spec, the mid levels like the RO, Operator and Loaded, then the high end like the TRP, Trophy Match and Custom Shop Pro. They probably could just not have been selling enough of them too. Who knows?

Yeah idk there's so many different Springfield 1911 models it's hard to keep track of them.

----------------

And as far as the Springfield 1911s go, nearly all of them that I have been seeing lately are NM serial numbered meaning more of the fitting is done in Illinois. Like those two Mil-Specs had the NM serial # and were made with match barrels and match barrel bushings, which if I am correct is not a standard feature on the Mil-Spec. My Loaded never came with one. I had thought the only Springfield they did it on standard were the TRP, Trophy Match and the CS Pro. I also see some of the Loaded models with the same MSH as I have in mine (the 20LPI checked MSH as opposed to the flat one with no serrations).

It just kind of ticks me off because I wish they would have put that on mine when I bought it. Then again I have a Series 70 Colt barrel and a collet bushing which are probably just as accurate as having a match bushing fitted up.

But who knows? Maybe they're like Colt usin up all the leftovers because I thought Colt used up all of its leftover parts also. (See some Series 80 guns with Series 70 rollmarked slides or some with the Series 70 style barrel bushings on em).

#3 ·
Springfield has jumped off into the "Custom" end. Check out their site, and click on the 1911A1 Custom Work Shop. This will open a PDF file that gives work done, and prices. You can order what ever you want!

#5 · (Edited)
Huh, I wonder how they are going to do that (custom work) when most of the gun is made in Brazil. I guess final fit and finish state side is their plan. They probably got tired of getting left behind in that area. Seen a lot of people dump extra money into getting theirs to run like a comparable priced competitor. Custom shop or not, still not a big fan of them.
To add to Shooters comment. Bass Pro believe it or not does not have the strongest buyers when it comes to handguns. Thats why some stores dropped selling guns all together or limit their stock. Suppliers send their guns to places that perform well bc that means they get paid. BP is probably on the bottom of someones list.

#6 ·
[/Quote] And as far as the Springfield 1911s go, nearly all of them that I have been seeing lately are NM serial numbered meaning more of the fitting is done in Illinois. Like those two Mil-Specs had the NM serial # and were made with match barrels and match barrel bushings, which if I am correct is not a standard feature on the Mil-Spec. My Loaded never came with one. I had thought the only Springfield they did it on standard were the TRP, Trophy Match and the CS Pro. I also see some of the Loaded models with the same MSH as I have in mine (the 20LPI checked MSH as opposed to the flat one with no serrations).

It just kind of ticks me off because I wish they would have put that on mine when I bought it. Then again I have a Series 70 Colt barrel and a collet bushing which are probably just as accurate as having a match bushing fitted up.

But who knows? Maybe they're like Colt usin up all the leftovers because I thought Colt used up all of its leftover parts also. (See some Series 80 guns with Series 70 rollmarked slides or some with the Series 70 style barrel bushings on em).[/QUOTE]

Hogger, where do you come up with this stuff ? :)
The NM prefix is just a prefix and doesn't mean National Match or anything like that. The Mil Spec has NEVER been produced with a NM barrel or NM bushing. They can be added by the owner or a gunsmith, as I have done several myself, but not from the SA factory. The Mil Spec is just that, Mil Spec.

The Colt barrel and collet bushing is a downgrade from what came with your pistol and will never be as accurate as a fitted barrel and bushing.

#7 ·
As a dealer, its hard to understand what any name brand manufacture is doing. I can go to any one of my suppliers and look up springers, smiths, rugers, remington, colt, kimber 1911s and they are either out of stock or allocated items. You will see some trickle in now and then and you better be prepared to pull the trigger right then or you miss out.

#8 · (Edited)
Hogger, where do you come up with this stuff ?
The NM prefix is just a prefix and doesn't mean National Match or anything like that. The Mil Spec has NEVER been produced with a NM barrel or NM bushing. They can be added by the owner or a gunsmith, as I have done several myself, but not from the SA factory. The Mil Spec is just that, Mil Spec.
The "NM" prefix doesn't mean it is a National Match anything. Never said that it was. I said that NM means more of the fitting was done in the United States. And I'll find Mil-Specs with match-grade barrels and bushings in them from the factory with these NM serial #s, probably because they have an order that has to be filled quickly so they throw in some upgraded parts at the factory.

The Colt barrel and collet bushing is a downgrade from what came with your pistol and will never be as accurate as a fitted barrel and bushing.
The collet bushing and Series 70 barrel both shoot tighter groupings than the Wilson bushing that is tight. That's what it was designed to be was a cheap alternative to a hand fitted bushing.

#9 · (Edited)
The "NM" prefix doesn't mean it is a National Match anything. Never said that it was. I said that NM means more of the fitting was done in the United States. And I'll find Mil-Specs with match-grade barrels and bushings in them from the factory with these NM serial #s, probably because they have an order that has to be filled quickly so they throw in some upgraded parts at the factory.

The collet bushing and Series 70 barrel both shoot tighter groupings than the Wilson bushing that is tight. That's what it was designed to be was a cheap alternative to a hand fitted bushing.

What's the name of that other forum maybe I'll go hang out over there where I won't be given a hard time about being right. Now I know how johnlives4christ feels.
Hogger, you are talking to people that have shot 1911s and worked on them for longer than you have been alive. If you were misunderstood then say so. But getting yourself upset over correction wont solve anything. I constantly am corrected and I learn from it. But, its possible it was just misunderstood.

As far as johnlivesforchrist is concerned, well, all I can say is people that get banned here usually have to be out of line and have given someone a reason. You obviously dont know the story. So if you want to be grouped with folks that have been banned, thats your choice. I just dont see the problem. Shooter asked you a question with a smiley face after it. Its just that simple. I might also add that shooter builds and customizes 1911s and shoots matches and wins matches with his guns so you might just want to sit back and learn a thing or two.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hogger, you are talking to people that have shot 1911s and worked on them for longer than you have been alive. If you were misunderstood then say so. But getting yourself upset over correction wont solve anything. I constantly am corrected and I learn from it. But, its possible it was just misunderstood.

As far as johnlivesforchrist is concerned, well, all I can say is people that get banned here usually have to be out of line and have given someone a reason. You obviously dont know the story. So if you want to be grouped with folks that have been banned, thats your choice. I just dont see the problem. Shooter asked you a question with a smiley face after it. Its just that simple. I might also add that shooter builds and customizes 1911s and shoots matches and wins matches with his guns so you might just want to sit back and learn a thing or two.
okay live and learn i guess... :)

#12 ·
Ok, so the Range Officer would be a better buy than the Loaded? If I'm understanding this right the Range officer comes with a match barrel, I had it backwards I was under the impression that the Loaded came with the match barrel. I went to springfields website but I couldn't look at any of the pdfs in the custom link because my phone won't open them & that's the only access I have to the internet right now

#13 · (Edited)
Ok, so the Range Officer would be a better buy than the Loaded? If I'm understanding this right the Range officer comes with a match barrel, I had it backwards I was under the impression that the Loaded came with the match barrel. I went to springfields website but I couldn't look at any of the pdfs in the custom link because my phone won't open them & that's the only access I have to the internet right now
Range Officer comes with a match barrel & bushing. Loaded does not.

What I was trying to say before was that very rarely, the ones with the NM serial # prefixes got upgraded parts probably to fill an order quickly. But no the Loaded is not made with the match barrel & bushing. Range Officer is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.