The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield 1911 Micro Compact

Tags
8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ysacres 
#1 ·
Rocket2Mars
(5/11/02 4:22:42 pm)
Reply Springfield 1911 Micro Compact
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been shopping around for a concealed carry weapon and am considering a Springfield 1911 Micro Compact. Does anyone have any comments, pro or con, on this choice?
Thank You in advance.

Xracer
*TFF Senior Staff*
(5/15/02 4:12:39 pm)
Reply Re: Springfield 1911 Micro Compact
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not familiar with the Micro Compact, but Springfield 1911's have a very good reputation.

Be aware, though, that small .45's pack a large recoil. If you're recoil-sensitive, something a little larger (Commander size), might be better for you.

Rocket2Mars
(5/17/02 4:58:08 pm)
Xracer,

Time will tell the story. The Micro Compact came in and it is range time. More later.
Thanks

Tac401
Administrator
(5/17/02 5:31:14 pm)
Re: Springfield 1911 Micro Compact
Keep us posted on how you like it R2M, I have a Colt
compact w/3 1/2 inch bbl and recoil isn't much of a
difference to full size with mine however, the Double
Eagle does weigh a bit more than most compacts.
TFF VMBB Email Tac

Rocket2Mars
(5/19/02 7:34:27 am)
I had my range bag packed and set to go when I picked up the Springfield Micro Compact. Back to the house for a quick field strip and cleaning before shooting and was I ever disappointed. The barrel had numerous hammer marks on it from the barrel link pin being driven in. The pin would not go flush so it was put to a grinder. I thought "What lousy workmanship and terrible quality control." I will wait to see how good customer service is with Springfield Armory. I took the pistol back to the dealer and he said he would make it right.

Another minor problem it had when I picked it up and I blame Quality Control. The grip screws were to long and caused the magazine to bind and not fall free when magazine release was depressed. The dealer fixed this for me.

Do you think Springfield is shipping products out the door to quick and not checking quality?

More later (again)

Tac401
Administrator
(5/19/02 1:13:49 pm)
Re: Springfield 1911 Micro Compact
R2M,

Sorry to hear that, I think more than likely that one
may have just slipped by at the factory, please keep
us posted on the outcome.

If it were me that just purchased that pistol, I would
demand a new one and let the dealer wait on the other
for replacement, on rare occasions when one of my
customers had a similar problem I would give them a
new one if in stock, or order a new one ASAP so as
not to inconvenience them to long and it shows the
customer that the shop is one that takes care of it's
clientel.
TFF VMBB Email Tac

twins
V.I.P. Member
(5/19/02 11:57:11 pm)
My V16 longslide took about 100 rounds before it would cycle without jamming. It now has between 250 - 300 rounds thru it and has not had any jams. Other than that problem at the onset (there have been no others), it is a really nice handgun.

My brother bought a Springfield Compact and took it to some handgun course, has fired (I am guessing) well over 1000 rounds since last fall and has had ZERO problems. It has been an excellent firearm from the start.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.