1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhinoman
    (12/19/02 9:25:41 pm)
    Reply Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I currently own a Glock 30 but want to add to my one-gun collection. I was considering an AR-15 from either Wilson or Bushmaster. I'm a veteran and am very familiar with this weapon. I've also always been interested in the M1. I've come to the conclusion that the M1A1 is a much better riffle than the AR-15 and am going to buy a Springfield Armory Super Match the end of the month unless I'm convinced otherwise. Opinions/experiences on this appreciated.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 9:33:52 pm)
    Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A better gun? There are quite a few ways to look at it. Better cause it has a bigger bullet- yes

It is also heavy and more expensive to feed.

I do love my M1A though.

I guess for a plinking mess around varmint gun I would have to grab my AR15.

For a serious punch for a battle rifle or just killing something DEAD then I would grab my M1A

Don't forget the other manufactures out there. Bushmaster makes a fine weapon but the AR in AR15 stands for Armalite Rifle.

Hard choice to make.

In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 9:38:40 pm)
    Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    what about a AR15 in .308?

Armalite makes one, called the AR10. Have the best of both

you can get an AR10 in Black, Green or Camo.

[​IMG]
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 12/20/02 9:07:32 am

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/02 5:40:52 am)
    Reply Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    wow those Super Match M1A's are nice, i wish i could afford one, im just lookin to get one of their M1 Garands for now...