Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhinoman
    (12/19/02 9:25:41 pm)
    Reply Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I currently own a Glock 30 but want to add to my one-gun collection. I was considering an AR-15 from either Wilson or Bushmaster. I'm a veteran and am very familiar with this weapon. I've also always been interested in the M1. I've come to the conclusion that the M1A1 is a much better riffle than the AR-15 and am going to buy a Springfield Armory Super Match the end of the month unless I'm convinced otherwise. Opinions/experiences on this appreciated.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 9:33:52 pm)
    Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A better gun? There are quite a few ways to look at it. Better cause it has a bigger bullet- yes

It is also heavy and more expensive to feed.

I do love my M1A though.

I guess for a plinking mess around varmint gun I would have to grab my AR15.

For a serious punch for a battle rifle or just killing something DEAD then I would grab my M1A

Don't forget the other manufactures out there. Bushmaster makes a fine weapon but the AR in AR15 stands for Armalite Rifle.

Hard choice to make.

In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 9:38:40 pm)
    Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    what about a AR15 in .308?

Armalite makes one, called the AR10. Have the best of both

you can get an AR10 in Black, Green or Camo.

[​IMG]
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 12/20/02 9:07:32 am

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/20/02 5:40:52 am)
    Reply Re: Springfield Armory Super Match M1A1
    wow those Super Match M1A's are nice, i wish i could afford one, im just lookin to get one of their M1 Garands for now...