The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield Compact .45 GI version

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  the wolf 
#1 ·
Any one have one or have experience with one? A buddy of mine is trying to sell me his for $500.00 and I want some honest feed back on the weapon. I had a fullsized one years ago and loved it. Thanks for the input.

#3 · (Edited)
I have experience with with Springer's 4" models known as the Champion. Decent gun with tiny GI sights and none of the bells & whistles (beavertail, ring hammer, etc.). If you like the plain basic GI style guns - they are good ones. I've owned both a Mil-Spec and a Loaded Champion and both were good shooters and reliable. The price they're asking is a tad high to me for a GI model though...

#6 ·
Yep, price is too high. There are a lot of people that think that a low round count, counts as NIB. Most guns are like cars, take em home and down they go. I asked age only bc Springfield has put out some turds lately. Not all of them, just some bad eggs have been slipping by.

#7 · (Edited)
I dont think the price is that far off. I would try to get him lower but its not that bad.

#11 ·
I got the compact lightweight operator model 4 inch 45 cal as used gun for 580 bucks but I had knock off a few bucks off because the guide rod was missing from it. I had a gunsmith made a rod that works so it shoot better and able to take the slide off comes to cleaning it.
Its a good gun.. will be improving it down the line to make it smoother than hot knife thru butter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.