The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield EMP

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lonewolf204 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the EMP in 9mm or .40? To me it's a great looking gun, but feels a little heavy for a possible carry weapon. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
#4 ·
I owned one in 40 cal. As for being too heavy, thats kind of funny to me since I carry a full size 1911 alot of the time so I cant be a judge on that. As for the gun itself it is well built and accurate for its size but parts are not interchangeable with any other 1911. I sold mine but not because it wasnt a good gun. I dont care much for the 40 platform and I didnt like not being able to change parts with other 1911s. To me the weight is nominal.

Reactions: carver
#5 ·
PS229, I have a Springfield EMP in 9mm. Mine has an alloy frame, the .40 is steel.
I have shot the Beejesus out of it over the last 2 years, NO failures of any kind (knock on wood) It eats anything I feed it without a hiccup. It's so light you forget it's there.
It replaces a Colt LW Commander that I had nothing but problems with, from day one.
It's more accurate than the Colt, and as I said far more reliable. Springfield did their homework on this one. It's expensive yes, but you get what you pay for IMO.
I'd recommend an EMP to anyone. If you're looking for a compact in .45, Springfield just came out with a Range Officer light weight compact in .45.

#6 ·
I've had one for about 4-5 yrs. It's the 9mm version. I bought a TT Gunleather holster & mag. pouch. I bought it for an EDC but I have never carried it nor fired it. I think it's just too beautiful a gun to shoot. I know that if I ever had to use it, I would most likely never see it again. I enjoy hearing about its reliability & that it's fun to shoot.

#7 ·
I own them both and like them. If I had to fault them it would be the small grips and square butt. I have rather large hands and they are not friendly to my large hands if I shoot them a lot. Other than that they shoot very well and have ate everything I have fed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.