Springfield J Stevens, Model 84-C- 22 short long or long rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Guillaume, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Guillaume

Guillaume New Member

Just inherited this. Works fine although it probably hasn't been used in decades. Has all three sights, magazine, leather sling. Wood is aged but has no scratches. Barrel is in good shape although it has a few small rust spots. Mainly, I'm curious to know when this may have been manufactured. - Thanks
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Guillaume......welcome to TFF. :)

The Savage/Springfield/Stevens Model 84C is no longer listed in either the Blue Book nor the Standard Catalog of Firearms, so I'm going on memory on this one....am I correct in assuming that this is a bolt action .22 with a 5 shot magazine?

This was a inexpensive, utilitarian .22 rifle....as were most of the Springfield by J. Stevens line of rifles. I believe it was made in the 1940 to 1948 timeframe.

I'd estimate that the current value would be in the range of:

V.G. - $150
    Good - $100
    Fair - $70
    Poor - $50

P.S. Here's a little info I found on the internet: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080317183811AA3UZgn
  3. nightshade438

nightshade438 New Member

I am looking for the bolt assembly for this exact model if anyone has any leads i would appreciate it
  4. djblancett

djblancett New Member

I too have an 84-C, and I need a trigger assembly. i bought this rifle from my uncle when I was about 12. I disassembled it many years ago, and lost the trigger assy. I am trying to locate the parts so I can reassemble the rifle and give it to my cousin so he can pass it on to his son. Any help on locating these parts would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Snake Man

Snake Man New Member

I own a springfield 84-c, 22cal. I've been searching for a magazine that will fit it, does anyone know whatwill fit it and were I can find one. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Justin"snakeman"Allen
  6. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Numrich lists a 10 round but won't ship it to New York City. The 5 round is sold out:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4547 (page 5)
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012