springfield meteor

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rick's red dawg, Oct 1, 2006.

1. rick's red dawg

rick's red dawg New Member

i have a springfield meteor 22 single shot bolt action and it is old but i dont know how old it doesnt have any serial numbers so my ? is how do i find out when it was made
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi RRD......welcome to TFF.

No way to tell you how old your gun is.....all we can tell you is that it was made by Stevens/Savage and was made prior to 1968.

"Springfield" was a tradename used by Stevens/Savage on their lower end "utility grade" guns, and prior to 1968, serial #s weren't required on firearms, so many manufacturers didn't serialize their less expensive firearms.

Is there a model number on your rifle?

Savage and Stevens made dozens of different models of single shot bolt action rifles under their own names and the Springfield tradename (and sometimes they made the same model under all three names).