The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield Mil-Spec Compact

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Xracer 
#1 ·
Even though I have no money left after purchasing my SA M1A, I'm already shopping around for my next gun purchase.....

I'd like to get a Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec, and was leaning towards the compact model just incase NJ ever passes a "shall issue" CCW law.

I may opt to go with the full size Governmet model since the chances of us getting a shall issue ccw is slim to none, but it would be nice to be prepared just incase.....

So many guns, so little money........

#2 ·
Southern Moss got my a Government Sil-Spec for a wedding gift and it is great. I'm sure you'd like it.

It is about the same size as and fits the same holster as my Browning Hi-Power Practical 9mm and really not that bad for a CCW weapon. I can't wait for us to finish our move and settle so we can go to the National forest nearby and shoot it.

I hope that it might happen but must say that hell will probably freeze over before the Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey will pass such a law. The politicians up there are such idiots. (Spoken from experience as a Rutgers graduate!)

#3 ·
Tony, The Springfield 1911 mil-spec is a great weapon, but check out their "loaded" model for just a little more $$.

The compact is a great carry pistol but, as Marlin said, the chances of NJ passing a CCW will be almost impossible.

My advice is to stick to a Gov't Model 1911. You will be doing alot of shooting and you can always get the compact model later. :)

#4 ·
I have the Micro compact "Loaded" and am glad I did not settle for any less but then again the only time mine is not on me is when I am at work.
Shooter 45 spoke words of wisdom with the last statement in his post. I also plan on getting a fullsize in the furure.

#6 ·
Generally speaking, for plinking, general fun target shooting, etc., the full size 1911s are more useful. They're more accurate and have slightly less recoil.

If and when (hell freezes over, or "Joisey" lets you get a CCW), then you can get a smaller, lighter gun.....but for right now, you're better off with the big fella.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.