Springfield Mil Spec

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Roger1113
    (1/7/03 12:19:04 pm)
    Reply Springfield Mil Spec
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK I took everyones advice and splashed out a 'few' hundred and bought a Springfield Armory Mil Spec, and all i can say is wow!

My Firestorm is now consigned to the safe. I dont know if this is the right word to use but it seemed to shoot 'cleaner' than the firestorm and the action is a lot smoother, Thank you all for persuading me to get one, its like a whole different experiance.

Thanks
    Roger

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 12:26:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Springfield Mil Spec
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's good to hear you're happy...

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (1/7/03 3:48:18 pm)
    Reply Re: Springfield Mil Spec
    Congratulations on an excellent purchase. Springfield is a top quality 1911. BTW, the Mil-Spec version is an excellent pistol for custom work.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 7:06:54 pm)
    Re: Springfield Mil Spec
    Yep, good move. As shooter said, this is a great platform for any custom work. Shoot it a bunch first, then decide what you want. Some mods are good for carry, some for accuracy, some for reliability. Decide what you want from your gun and then do the work. Don't get caught up in the "must have stuff." A firearm is a very personal thing...know what you want.

As always, just mnsho...

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*