Springfield model 86 lifter spring

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by kelly, Apr 5, 2011.

1. kelly

kelly New Member

Hi y'all. I just found this forum, and it looks like I may find some helpful info here.

I'm having a bit of a problem replacing the lifter spring on an old Springfield model 86. All I really need is to see a picture of one already assembled. I just can't figure out how it goes. Can someone help a new guy out here?
  2. kelly

kelly New Member

Here's my delema. Can't figure out how this spring goes. Hopefully, someone here has experience with this and can explain it to me.

I'm waiting on some other parts, but in the meantime, I need to get this figured out.

[​IMG]

There are little tabs at the back where I'm sure the tails of the spring sit. But past that, no clue.

[​IMG]
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

yes your are correct. Then pin goes through the coils then and the joined center makes contact with the 90 degree upright. Its a pain to do, you need to bend the spring over while the joined center of the spring is putting pressure on the lifter and insert the pin, though the coils then through the lifter assembly.
  4. kelly

kelly New Member

Thanks.