Springfield or Taurus?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Lotsdragon, May 25, 2009.

1. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

well, i have no experience with the taurus, but i have heard all good things about the gun. however i bought a springfield GI, and yes the frame is made in brazil, but it shoots great, and right out of the box it will shoot a 4 inch hole in the black. even with a half azz shooter like me :)

I cant give you an honest comparason, but i love my springfield, wouldnt trade it for the world.
  2. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

springfield

cb
  3. Powderhorn

Powderhorn New Member

The only Taurus I would buy right now is a Judge. They'll never get me to believe that real judges actually CCW these guns into court, but the novelty of shooting a .410 revolver is too great to pass up.
  4. phx gun owner

phx gun owner New Member

Springfield . I have one and i love it . :)
  5. bizy

bizy New Member

I have several springfields and taurus. I have a Taurus revolver and auto and 2 Springfields (40 &45 XDs). I'll take Taurus any day. My winter carry gun is a Taurus. My summer carry is a Charter Arms 38 spc. The XDs just aren't as forgiving as Taurus.
  6. DKA

DKA New Member

I just bought a Springfield 1911 and love it. Springfield has a top notch CS and make Top Notch products. I have 2 Taurus, but both are revolvers and I like both. Can't really explain why, but just liked the Springfield Better.
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

For my first 1911 I chose a Springfield. My daily carry semi-auto is a Taurus 24/7 Pro C 45 cal, so I have nothing against Taurus. The PT1911 has a ton of features that you can only get on the more expensive other brands. You will hear some people complain about their Taurus experience, but you will hear that with any manufacturer. Until the gun rush settles down, CS will be challenged regardless of the brand. So having said that, choose what you are comfortable with and can afford, and be happy!!!

Old Guy
  8. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I love my PT1911, however I have no qualms about owning a SA 1911 either. In fact, I hope to pick up a Springer at some point but I'll be holding onto the Taurus as well. It's well made, accurate and I've never experienced any failures to feed, fire or eject.

www.taurusarmed.net

www.gunnerforum.com
  9. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

I have 15 years experience with Springfield 1911's. My current Mil-spec is a solid dependable weapon. I will purchase another Springer, this one a Loaded.
    No experience with Taurus pistols.
  10. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Out of the two you have as options I personally would select the Springfield. I owned a TRP for a time - it was an excellent weapon. Their CS is also excellent.
  11. magnum force

magnum force New Member

buy a champion operator, trust me.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  12. magnum force

magnum force New Member

springer-but get one that doesn't say "made in brazil" on it. the american made ones are harder to find, but not by much. springers are more accurate, durable, and reliable:D

i hear good things about taurus 1911's reliability, but not so good things about taurus accuracy, durability, and customer service.:(

my springer champion operator is a totally awesome gun.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009