SPRINGFIELD(savage arms) 410.bore

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Butch, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Butch

Butch New Member

Hello all,
    I have just accuired a old shotgun,410 cal.,bolt action.It has the words SPRINGFIELD in big letters, then behind that it has savage arms corporation,westfield mass. ,MOD. 18C. It's clip fed. I've looked in the books,but can't find anything on it. If anyone knows something about it I would greatly appreciate it.Figured, I'd try here,just about used up all my resources. THANKS
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Hi Butch, and welcome to TFF! You'll find a great bunch of folks here. One of our resident experts should be along shortly to help with your question, but in the meantime, check out our other forums and jump right on in.
  3. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Butch welcome; I did a search on Google and it listed a few places on cross references for parts and found a couple for sale for $60.00-$75.00. I know this isn't much info but that is about all I could find. Although when I was young I bought one at auction for $20.00 but that was more years ago than I care to remember.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Butch.......welcome to TFF.

Savage/Stevens manufactured a number of utility-grade rifles/shotguns under the "Springfield" tradename.

Your bolt action, clip fed, Springfield Model 18 is probably very similar to the Stevens Models 258, 38, or 58.

Values are:

V.G. - $100

Good - $75

Fair - $50
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Very similar gun a local pawnshop here marked at $110.00. Mag is in bad shape, but appears functional. Seems kinda high. They have a Mod 37 Winny in .410 for $229 OUCH!

Buddy of mine, years ago, had a .410 like yours - cut way down - used it as a great backpacking snake/dinner gun. That was way back when you could walk the AT with a gun and not get weird looks from the various tree huggers.
  6. biggrampa

biggrampa New Member

I am in need of information on a Springfield Model 947, Savage Arms Corporation. The barrel nomenclature KG-32. When they were made beginnig of production and the last year they were made. This is a 410 single shot break down fire arm. What would the age be on this shotgun.

Don
  7. biggrampa

biggrampa New Member