Springfield Trapdoor Pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by triggersmith, Jul 20, 2010.

1. triggersmith

triggersmith New Member

I am in the process of finishing up my version of an old Sherman trapdoor pistol. I saw a photo in Guns of the Old West a while back and being a gun builder, I just had to make one. ATF says I have to have a receiver with no serial numbers to build. I found one and have document to that effect from a qualified company. I installed a 45 LC barrel to reduce the recoil. The lock, trigger guard and receiver are original 1873 trapdoor parts. I will put up some photos as soon as it is finished. Shoots great.
    Any questions about my project can email me at;
    bluesman2@tds.net

triggersmith
  2. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

I wouldnt mind seeing it before it was done, it sounds like an awesome project.
  3. Rusty Dusty

Rusty Dusty New Member

I'm holding the very magazine, I love that gun. Please post some photos, I'd love to see the progression.

So, you going to try the cartridge conversion on the Patterson as well???

Rusty
  4. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

I'm curious, where did you find an unnumbered trapdoor receiver??

In other words, was it originally unnumbered or was the number removed?