Springfield TRP sights

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by jeffroalpha700, Nov 26, 2006.

1. jeffroalpha700

jeffroalpha700 New Member

I currently carry a G21 on duty, but I am going back to a 1911 design. I am contemplating purchasing a Springfield TRP Light Rail Armory Kote (PC9105L). I would love a professional custom, but there is no way to justify it.

The TRP with the rail comes with adjustable sights. There is no way I want adjustable sights for a duty pistol. Is there other fixed, night-sight options available for this pistol?

Also, what are the benefits of upgrading from the Operator series to the TRP? I'm not too worried about holster options as long as the TRP is the same profile as the Operator. Safariland seems to have holsters with lights that will fit the Operator.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Jeff
    They are great guns I believe you can use just about any 1911 sights on Springfields 1911's.
    As far as the holster you can go to the Uncle Mikes website and use the holster wizard. and see their options
  3. jeffroalpha700

jeffroalpha700 New Member

The reason I specifically ask about the TRP with the rail is that I've heard there are not any fixed sights available. If you click on the photos on their website, and look at where the sight notch(s) are cut on the one with the rail vs. the one without the rail, I don't think they are interchangeable. If anyone knows, let me know.

As for holsters, I have used the Safariland 6280 for the last few years and really don't want to change. It is a very effective system, but thanks for the advice.
  4. deadmarsh

deadmarsh New Member

The MC Operator has fixed Novak Night Sights -- the TRP Operator has the adjustable night sights. The MC runs about $400 less

Dead
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Jeff since you will need a tool to change the sights why not send the slide to Springfields cutom shop and have them put the sights on they have a good turn around time
    Or if you have not bought the gun yet order it from Springfield with the sights you want With Springfield you don't have to buy whats on the shelf you can call order what you want and have it shipped to an FFL

Just my .02