Springfield Xd Questions

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gunnewb666, Sep 5, 2004.

1. gunnewb666

gunnewb666 New Member

Hi. I'm buying my first pistol soon and have decided on the Springfield Xd 9mm. Is there a real difference between 4inch and 5 inch model? I heard the ported version is not good because it gets dirty, is very loud and the recoil is low anyway...Is this true? I mostly am using the gun for target practice and maybe plinking. Also any other 9mm suggestions full size models only . Thanks
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Longer barrel=longer sight radius. So, I'd recommend the 5" barrel for target shooting. And yes, the ported barrels are LOUD. The Springfield XD is a great duty weapon but not really target grade if you want to shoot small groups, and you probably will later on.

As far as any other 9mm recomendations, check out the Browning Hi-Power Practical. Also check out the 1911's in 9mm . Both will be more accurate out of the box than the XD series Springfields.

Go to a local gunshop and handle them all, then make up your mind.

Good luck.