The Firearms Forum banner

Springfield XD-S 9mm test

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Old Guy 
#1 ·
I had the opportunity to shoot Springfield Armory's new 9mm version of the XD-S pistol for Personal Defense World. It was to promote the cover story on the same gun in the current issue of Combat Handguns magazine.

I was a big fan of the XD-S in .45 ACP since I shot it at Media Day at the Range a couple of years ago. I'm not a 9mm person for CCW carry, even though I love 9mm as a plinking round. But I did like the XD-S 9mm.

Here are the two videos I did on the gun. One for Personal Defense World, and the other one for my YouTube channel. They each have some unique content.

PDW video:

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2013/06/sneak-peek-springfield-armory-xds-9-video/

YouTube video

#3 ·
hope to have mine soon as they are coming in pretty regularily at LGS. I already have the one in 45, my only complaint on it is the amount of force to rack the slide, I need to build up my hand strength. I have to use the slide lock release to chamber the first round, only have about 50 rounds thru the gun, I am hoping slide loosens up a little.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.