1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Springfield XD40, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Goneracin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

A friend of mine just told me about a gun he is selling. it is a Springfield XD sub compact in .40 S&W. it is the OD green on black color. It comes complete with the extended and standard mag, all paperwork, and all the stuff it originally came with. He wants $325 for it, sound like a good deal? what are your thoughts about the gun in general? thanks, im really interested in it for carry since its getting harder to hide the full size 1911.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I sure hope vegastech is not lurking around here somewhere....

I don't know about the subcompact but the full size and their medium size pistols are pretty good and reliable. I'm not a big fan of the XD trigger but reliability is pretty good. However...i don't like the 40sw caliber. 9 is good, 45 is much MUCH better. I have heard about core jacket seperations on the 40.....

mike
    gn
  3. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Have one, shot it in competion and for my handgun class. Love it, had only one ftf, which was my fault. This one loves all kinds of ammo, and I just put on one of the recoil spring lasers so I don't need a different holster. The trigger is easy to overcome after a few hundred rounds. I had a p95 D.A.O Ruger before this Springer and this one works for me.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

DUDE! Buy that mofo! You friend is selling it a full 200 bucks cheaper than they go for at the shop. You will like the XDs, And dont sweat the core jacket separations, that just depends on bullet design and quality. Here, ill show you a picture;), these are 230 grain gloden sabers (golden sabers are top o' the line hollowpoints for personal defense) shot from my .460 rowland at 1300 fps. ALL of them separated from the jacket but the core ended up in a nice flat wad about .750" in diameter and retained about 65% of their original weight, not in any way a bullet failure IMO;)

Attached Files:

5. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

The SD subcompact is a little snappy but a great pistol. I have the subcompact and full size both in 40. They will shoot any 40 bullet I put in them and are extremely reliable. At 325 I would have already picked it up.
  6. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

thats kinda the answer I was expecting. Im still waiting for a call back from the guy before I go pick it up, cant wait. As for bullet sep, im not a big fan of 9mm so the .40 is as small as im willing to go. I still love my .45, its just a little big to be hiding in gym cloths or something like that during the summer.

I would really like to get the xdm, but i figure at this price i cant say no.

so what is the problem with the trigger? just a different feel?
  7. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

I've owned a couple of XD's, I prefer the simplicity of my Glocks.
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I'll throw my .02 in also. I have owned an XD and an XDM and did not like either one. With that being said, if I could buy one at that price, I would still jump on it.
  9. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

ok, good advice gdmoody, but i have to ask, what didnt you like about the xd and xdm? :)
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I didn't like much of anything about them. The trigger was horrible and both of them just didn't feel good in my hand. I can't really explain that but they just didn't.
  11. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

ok, thanks for the input
  12. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

Buy it! You can flip it and make some cash. Then take the cash and buy a Smith M&P 40C, you will be better off in the end.

Attached Files:

• 40c.jpg
      40c.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

mcw120566, why do you say that? what reasons do you say the smith is better? Just wondering, I dont know much about the smiths
  14. patrol

patrol New Member

You need to jump on that deal, or I WILL!! The XD is an awesome concealed carry gun and even more awesome a shooter.

Some Glock fan in here knocked the trigger but honestly as striker fired poly guns go it's one of the smoothest triggers in my opinion.
    Their magazines are awesome also compared to the M&P's and the Glocks.
  15. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

Trust me, Im trying to jump on it. I am waiting for the guy to call me, but he is taking his time. He told me i was the firts one to show interest in it, I hope he holds to his promise and doesnt move on to someone else. I would be quite pissed to say the least. :)