1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

springfiled xd ejector?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by the loush, Aug 2, 2009.

1. the loush

the loush New Member

my xd 9mm, recently has started throwing its casings straight back at me instead of to the right. any suggestions?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

most times when I have seen this its b/c the extractor is not engaging the rim of the brass fully. You may have some build up under it or the cut out in the barrel has some build up not allowing it to grab the rim fully on ejection. Check the ejector to make sure its not damaged. I've seen rimfires do this b/c the angle cut into the ejector (the tip that makes contact with the back of the brass) is to high so it has a tendency to fling the brass over the top of the gun rather than off to the side.
  3. DEADEYE1964

DEADEYE1964 New Member

Go to XDTALK.COM , it is a great webSite for any questions regarding XD'S.
  4. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Helix is right, these XD's do have a tendency to build up gunk under the claw of the extractor if you don't clean it regularly or thoroughly enough. I recommend the use of a toothbrush with some Hoppe's #9 Solvent of Sweets 7.62. If gunk is not the issue then, I would just go ahead and replace the extractor and spring.
  5. McHATMAKER

McHATMAKER New Member

I have a Hopkins and Allen (1911?) 6 shot, Safety Police in .32 caliber. I would like to trade for a new or lightly used 9mm. Is there anyone that happens to know the worth of this pistol?
  6. the loush

the loush New Member

SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO THANK YOU GENTLEMEN FOR THE INFO. THIS SITE IS A GOD SEND, AND YALL ARE ITS MESSENGERS!!!! I GAVE HER A TOP TO BOTTOM BATH AND THE ISSUE HAS CEASED TO EXIST!! AGIAN THANKS GUYS!