Squeaky Drivers side Door ... ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Sep 14, 2005.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

It just started yesterday. The drivers door on the Honda Crv started squeaking like some old wooden staircase... It does it when i step on the gas, when i let off the gass, when i touch the breaks...when i take a corner "either direction".... etc etc etc

I've cleaned up the rubber seal all the way arround the door and cleaned the metal it makes contact with when the door is closed.... Yet it keep squeaking.

The hinge is solid... no play. The inside door pannel seems solid, but i'm beginning to wonder if it really is ?
    This is not what i expected from a Honda to say the least. Yeah, i know its 5 years old, but its only got 34k miles and it was a garage baby the entire time my grandmother owned it...

I gotta say i ain't too thrilled with it. Its weak, gets poor gas mileage...sounds and rides like an empty logging truck, and is very road noisy going down the road...

I think the second i get the chance i will be trading this off for something else !!!

Anyway, any ideas on the door anyone ??

mike
    gn
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Try a good coating of silicone or Amorall on the door gasket.
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Just because it`s a Honda, don`t make it special. It never ceases to amaze me that people think Honda`s are a step above every thing else. You got it for a song and your complaining. When in the business, those who beat you to death over price were the worst whiners and picker of nits. Take the door off, problem solved.

LTS
  4. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

HEHEHE that is the best idea I ever heard. I would say trade it for a ford but I am working on mine. So go for a GM product.

Ray
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Let me put it this way... A fat chick in nylons walking down a hallway !!!!

Can't stand that sound either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike
    gn
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

A good coating of silicone ?? You mean the uncured stuff in the tube, or are you talking about something else...like a powder lube ?

mike
    gn
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Well!, I see you do your women watching at wal-mart. Nothing like the cheese section or double knees and fatback isle gently covered in spandex.

LTS
  8. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Any chance the noise is not coming from the door? Maybe a loose body panel somewhere??? Just a thought.
    Huck
  9. stash247

stash247 New Member

Slather the hasp and door latch in Lubriplate, or a similar lube, and see if the noise doesn't go away!
    The door is a relatively stable structure, located at three points; the hinges, and the latch, while the vehicle, around the door, is fairly flexible!
    If Plan 'A' does not work, spray the door weather seal, all the way 'round the door, with a silicone spray lube, and re-test.
    Please post your results.
  10. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I keep an extra bottle of Breakfree in the car for squeeks. It is better then silicone,IMHO. I drive Fords, so I've had lots of experience with squeeks
  11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

He is talking about silicone lubricant, I believe not the other stuff. It comes in a spray can.
  12. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

The squeaking sound probably means that one of the hamsters escaped from the engine compartment.
  13. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

step back an give it both barrels of the 12 gage

make sure nobody inside

oh yeah forgot this wasnt posted bythe borderjumpin texican beanbandit

izu hooshers any differint :cool:

montana?? rkanses??

jus kant remember all ofit :cool:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

ROTFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Duct tape 15 pieces of fresh sushi to the door panel, shut the windows and leave in the sun for five days. Problem solved! :D :D :D :D
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

OH...GOOD...GOD !!!!

The mental picture on that one... :eek:

Sniper1952

No, the hamster is securely in his cage under the hood. But he did tell me that if i did'nt knock off that overdrive stuff, that he was gonna kick my @$$ !!! :D

Others...

As stupid as this sounds, i had no idea there was a silicone lubricant. I'll give it a try... However, today it only did it a couple of times. This part of the country is weird like that. Drastic changes in humidity can do weird things like that...

mike
    gn

Dang it LTS... thats just a naaaasty mental picture !!!! I just know i'm gonna have a nightmare about that one....
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005