Squires Bingham Model 20 .22 LR

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BigD16, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BigD16

BigD16 New Member

Hello everybody,

I would like to try and get some information if I could. I recently acquired a Squires Bingham model 20 .22 LR from my uncle. I've read alot of bad things about these rifles. I had read that they had been recalled and are notorious for jamming. My uncle has put a few hundred rounds through it and I've put about 10 rounds through it so far. I havent had any jams or misfires as of yet and as far as I know, My uncle never had a problem with it either. It's not in the best of conditions, My uncle got it from a friend and his friend had carved a deer into the side of it. For the most part, I have been able to sand the deer down to where you can barely see it and then cleaned it up afterwords. It'll probably take another couple sanding sessions to get rid of it completely, But for the most part, It's just about gone. There is some minor rust and pitting on the barrel that could be cleaned up and removed and it needs a mag. But other than that, The gun is great. I've never had a problem with it and I was just wondering if somebody could give me an estimated value for it? Im not looking to sell it as of right now, But I'd really like to know what it's worth. I know pictures would probably help out alot, But I dont have any as of right now. So, Im just looking to get a couple opinions on a rough price of what its worth.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome big d i am sure someone will be along to help
  3. BigD16

BigD16 New Member

Thank you for welcoming me. Cant wait to get more involved and active in this community.
  4. BigD16

BigD16 New Member

Anybody have any info at all?
  5. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Even in minty condition, those Squires Bingham's aren't worth a lot of money. As you've read, they are famous for having some pretty nasty cycling problems and are commonly called jam-o-matics up here. :)
    If yours functions okay, then it's still a decent plinker.

Without any good clear pics of your rifle I'll venture a guess that it's worth roughly $100 if it's in good working condition.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  6. BigD16

BigD16 New Member

Thank you for the info. I know I can find most of what im getting ready to ask for on the squires bingham website and through internet searches. But does anybody have any extra information on it that I might not be able to find on the web?