Sr 556 for slide fire stock

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Oti-1, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Oti-1

Oti-1 New Member

Hi folks. I'm lusting after the slide fire stock( controllable bump fire ) but in need a new carbine to put it on. My thought was with the potential high rate of fire I should purchase a piston gun. I've used it on a impingement styled bushmaster and it was awsome. 1 round 2 round 3 round or full auto. Total control and on target. However, as expected after 100 rounds the gas rod almost melted. By the way if you haven't shot these things, you should.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

before they too where banned here the Ruger Mini 14 in .223 where great for this .. ;)
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

We've put these on several gas piston guns and havent had any issues but out of all the gas impingment system guns we have put them on, not many get to the red hot status you speak of. 100 round constant fire is a lot to take for any AR in any system. You may want to keep it to 20 rounds at a time.