Sringfield XD? For 1911 Shooters

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by BigBang, Apr 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. BigBang

BigBang New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Went to the range today and tried a Springfield XD40. This is a full size model with tac light rail. Was very impessed with it, accuracy, light recoil.
    I know it's a sin to have a gun that's not a 1911, but this one is really fun to shoot. So my question is directed toward 1911 shooters, what is your opinion of the XD line? Accuracy,reliabilty, durability. I almost bought it today but thought I would check with you guys first. Thanks for any input.

B.B.

2. If you like it get it, or you can go and get what an XD wants to be.... a GLOCK! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005

3. Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2004
    NW AR
    wanna-be tupperware.......

Springfield's got a good rep, so aside from the tupperware issue, I'd say it would be a decent gun, but I've never shot one.

4. BigBang

BigBang New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Hydra,

I have considered the Glock also. I used to have a G17. I feel that the XD is really just a jazzed up glock. But the weight and feel I like better than the Glock. I was comparing the two side by side today. Based on feel, fit, and range performance I would choose the XD. But the XD is a realatively new line, and I would like some feedback from someone who has experiance with an XD. Springfield is a top notch company but Glock has built their reputation on the reliability and ruggedness of their guns. I'm hoping the XD is just as tough.

B.B.

5. punchie

punchie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Chesterfield, VA
    I think that I am one of the five people willing to admit that I am not impressed with the XD. I wasn't impressed when it was the HS2000 and cost $150 less. The ergonomics are better than a Glock but so is a brick, and as far as accuracy and reliablity, the jury is still out. Has anyone else noticed how the prices have risen dramatically since it was itroduced?