Stage 1 Complete

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by BigBlack, Oct 3, 2008.

1. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

Each case was visually inspected and then tumbled. After tumbling I felt the inside of each case down around the head for any signs of a ridge. I then inspected the case necks for any signs of cracks or defects; I then inspected the bodies, heads, and primer pockets. They are now ready for stage 2.

Oh yea I love this, takes all this time for a brief bang but the gratification knowing I built the bang.

Left to right of picture, 30-06, 8x57, 243, 223

[​IMG]
  2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Very cool man - enjoy.
    I was off last week and produced about 300 rounds to plink with over the next few range trips.
  3. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Nothing like the gratifacation of having utmost accuracy aswell, I shoot so I can reload :eek:. Beautiful cases too
    Tim
  4. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

Thx I like un shinny, spend as much time making the look pretty as I do making them shoot good.
  5. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Welcome BigBlack! Yep, it is fun isn't it! I have just about as much fun at the reloading bench as I do at the range.

One word of advice upon seeing your picture...I'm hoping that you did this just for the sake of posing them for the camera.
    Don't mix calibers in a storage tray or reloading block. A shell of the wrong caliber might make it into your rifle...in particular, one of those 8mms might find it's way into your .30-06. I know for a fact that you can squeeze an 8mm into a .30-06 chamber with not much extra effort than chambering a tight .30-06 case...I'd hate to be holding the rifle when it is fired though!

Had this happen a couple years ago with my dad's .270. As he was doing a pre-season zero check, he came to me and mentioned that it wasn't grouping worth a hill of beans. turns out that he had a box of my .25-06 rounds. They chambered up just fine in the .270 but luckily the bullet was smaller than the bore so it wasn't doing any funny pressure stuff. In the case of your .30-06 & 8mm, trying to squeeze a .323 bullet down a bore meant for .308s could get real hairy!
  6. BigBlack

BigBlack New Member

Stage 1 they are okay using my routine. For sure at Stage 2 they rest in different blocks and stay seperate from then until boom.

Stage 3 is where they get powder and bullet.
  7. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Looks good. Good heads up Bindernut.