stage 1 trigger quesstion for ar15 build?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by socalfamous87, Oct 18, 2011.

1. socalfamous87

socalfamous87 New Member

does it matter on then manufacture when it comes to a stage 1 trigger? or is one bether then the other? is see dmps for $35 and others for $65. thanks in advance
  2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I like Rock River Arms. Even their single stage trigger is smooth as silk. As with everything else, they're not the cheapest brand, but you get what you pay for. :cool:
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

If you want a great single stage, go with the Daniel Defense or RRA. Dmps is cheap for a reason.
  4. socalfamous87

socalfamous87 New Member

Thanks guys.
  5. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

socalfamous87:

You should consider a two stage trigger. Once you get use to them you will wonder why there are even single stage triggers.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=19696/Product/AR-15-NATIONAL-MATCH-2-STAGE-TRIGGER

I have seen this trigger for $93. Just do a Google search for best price.

The advantage is safety. It has tons of sear engagement. You pull through the first stage which is long then you meet extra resistance. You can stop there, double check your sight picture and add just a bit more pressure and the gun goes off. All European good guns use two stage triggers (Anschutz, Hammerli, etc.) as well as guns designed for Olympic competition. It is a target trigger. For tactical games the standard heavy pull trigger might be totally adequate.

LDBennett
  6. whirley

whirley New Member

Many years ago I started shootinh with a two stage military trigger. I prefer it for rifles, but of course my shotguns and target rifles are single stage. Therefore, learn to use your various guns properly so there are no surprises.
  7. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

whirley:

Why would your target guns be single stage? That is where two stage triggers shine (Anschutz, virtually all Olympic guns, many European target guns, precision European air guns).

Military two stage trigger are very crude. Target two stage triggers are very precise making them great for all kinds of target shooting.

Apply force for the first stage can be very low, like one pound. Then the step up to release can be ounces. This is so much better than a single stage ounce trigger that only requires a brush of the finger to set it off.

But I guess it is al what you get use to and teaching old dogs new tricks is often hard or even impossible.

LDBennett
  8. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I enjoy the two stage I got on my AR, just saying :)