STAGE III OVARIAN CANCER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by click, Mar 14, 2007.

1. click

click New Member

To all the good common folk out there who i don't know and those i do, if i could just have a moment of your time................My wife of 42 years (liberal as they come) has fought the good fight against Ovarian Cancer for over 3 years now. Despite her political differences with most of us on this forum, myself included, i am proud to say, i would want her on my side when the s- -t starts flying! The women is a gem!. We have been through operations, chemo etc. and now, KIND WORDS are what we're looking for. I appeal with all my heart to all my friends on the Right side of this forum to show her in your replies that despite what she thinks, there is an enormous collective Heart out there amongst those of us who carry guns. Her name is Carol and like i said, SHE IS A GEM! :)
  2. Lon Norder

Lon Norder New Member

I am sorry to hear about your wife's illness. In situations like this it is common to not consider the suffering of the spouse, which is enormous. I speak from experience. Stay close, help her as much as you can, give her support, and cry when you're alone.

You and you're wife are in my thoughts and I wish both of you every comfort.

LN
  3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Both of my parents have had cancer in the past five years. My mother had a very aggressive form of breast cancer. They both came through as well as can be expected with what they faced. For whatever it's worth, I just want you to know that you are not alone and there are others around you who have been in similar situations. Prayers for you and yours are ongoing from here.
  4. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

Our prayers go out for the both of you.
  5. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:( wow! ya'll are in a serious struggle. hang in there click & carol! (((hugs)))

i hope the drs find what works for you carol. have ya'll checked out the cancer centers of america?? link
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

There is no left or right when it comes to the ones you love!!!!!

You both have our prayers from New Mexico.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

WE agree and send prayers from the Deep South, too.
  9. Craig

Craig New Member

Click: It sure sounds like you have a great wife. Will be sending up prayers for both of you.
  10. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Carol.....

I know what you're going through. I have 4th stage Colon cancer.....and I've been through much the same. An operation to have part of my colon removed.....8 chemotherapies (and more to come)....pills morning, noon, and night.

We both know that there's no rhyme or reason why, or whom, cancer strikes. The short and the tall, the liberal and the conservative.....Republican and Democrat.....none of that matters....it's small change considering the fight we're in.

We also know that there are, and will be, good days and bad, and to take life one day at a time......savor the time we have left, whether long or short......and to love and appreciate those close to us who are taking this journey with us.

Our prayers are with you.
  11. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

click , Connie and I will both say a prayer for you and Carol. Like the old saying goes, It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Faith and hope (along with a little just plain old stubbornness) can get us through a lot of hard times. I want to congratulate you and Carol on having been married for the length of time you have :D . That right there says something for the both of you. :) Good Luck and God Bless. Bob and Connie
  12. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

Click and Carol, hang in there, our prayers will be with you both. Remember, right and left are both sides of the same body!
  13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Carol I have heard that you are a GEM but I would be willing to bet you sparkle in Click's eyes like a diamond;) Hang in there young lady and lean on us here at TFF any time you need to most of us have big shoulders and soft hearts ( don't let that last part get out to the public)
    our prayers are with the two of you
    Ron & Carla
  14. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

lots of prayers sent from us to you both.
    bhk308 and ld45
  15. buffalo jump

buffalo jump New Member

Carol and click, the prayers are on the way.
  16. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Tennessee prayers for you, Carol.
  17. cec

cec New Member

Here's hoping it all works out. I know that Cancer is the great equalizer, it strikes regardless of race, religion, political preference, etc. This is when you fight it hard and have loved ones at your side.
  18. Politics do not matter at a time like this, Click. Thank you for sharing such a difficult, and heart-rending thing as this with your friends here one TFF, but then, that is what friends are for. Please know that our hopes and prayers are with you both in this difficult time.
  19. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

God bless you fellow former Coast Guard member ( I don't like the term "Coastie"), and your dear wife!

With this illnes your family will have to be Semper Paratus. Sounds like you and your wife have the Semper Fidelis all worked out.
  20. durk

durk New Member

Prayers coming from here also! GOD BLESS!!:)