Stand Your Ground In Texas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhuga, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

He's probably lucky he didn't get life. In Texas, it's the Castle Doctrine.
  3. mintaka

mintaka New Member

The reason he might not have gotten life is during a possible physical altercation, if the physical threat on one side obviously would leave the victim helpless..like a 250 boxer having a very heated argument with a 90 old man with a walker...I believe in the Texas case there were multiple party goers involved..in any case the guy was an idiot
  4. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Too bad that good sense didn't come packaged with his CHL. He has plenty of time now to consider his actions.
  5. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Why take a gun to ask your neighbor to please be a little quieter? He should have called the cops. He's already had trouble with them before and apparently had trouble with other neighbors and co-workers from what I read. It seems like the neighbor is the one that should have been armed, he was just looking for trouble, IMO. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47986039
  6. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

And now his precious Concealed carry permit and even his ability to even own a firearm, both just dust in the wind. No loss as far as I'm concerned, while everyone has the right to bear arms, there are just some that flat out SHOULDN'T!
  7. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

Heywoods about to win himself a pack of smokes from Red. Fresh fish, fresh fish.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    When you leave home looking for trouble, it's usually not hard to find! I agree with mogunner, some folks just should never own guns. They just don't have enough common sense to own one. Thought that's not against the law, nature has a way of culling these folks out. He's been culled! Common sense isn't so common any more!
  9. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

your neighbors loud party is not a life threatening situation in his case according to what I see in the video the neighbor is standing his ground and the shooter is the agressor had they come to his house beat on the door and talked about how they were going to f him up he might have been justified
  10. Sorrowful Jones

Sorrowful Jones New Member

I live about 4 miles from this guy (Thank goodness I don't know him). By all accounts he is an arrogant, know-it-all, bully who is always confrontational, looking to pick fights. He has produced a gun on several occasions I am told, and also once shot a neighbors dog. Apparently he believed that all he had to do was say he was "in fear of his life" and that would make it ok to shoot someone. He did not get what he deserved... he should have gotten LIFE. Either way...... "squeal like a pig"