Standard Arms Pump/Auto Rifle 35 Rem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 45nut, Feb 12, 2008.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I would like to get my Great Grandfathers rifle repaired. It is a Standard Arms Pump / Automatic Model "G" in 35 Remington. One of my knot-headed uncles damaged it many years ago. :mad:

It still functions fine as a pump, but I would like to be able to fire it semi-automatic. All I know at this point is my Dad's gun repair buddy said in auto mode it would eject the round but wouldn't pick up the next one or wouldn't close because it was missing a spring.

My question is: Does anyone know which spring it would be? Numerich has parts for the rifle and it would be nice to get it repaired and functioning correctly.

My Great Grandfather was a railroad man in California and shot bear, elk and other assorted wildlife from the train for supper. :D

Thanks for any advice. flyfish2658 AT yahoo DOT com is my e-mail.
  2. Mark

Mark New Member

The old Standard model G never did work all that well. Most of the guys that hunted with them just turned off the gas and used it as a pump.
    FWIW, the other Standard was the model M.

You are really going to have to search out an older gunsmith to sort that out. Unfortunately for us, the fellows I know that could make that stuff work have gone to their reward.

Good luck on this.
    Mark
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I found another one at a gun show and bought it in case it had the parts I needed and gave it to my Dad's gun smith buddy. It sat around at his shop for several years without being repaired. I asked my Dad if he had any paperwork showing who those rifles belonged to and he said no. I then asked Dad to go pick them up because if he died how could we prove they were ours? He died of a heart attack about 6 months later. I sold the other one and my Dad still has my Great Grandfather's rifle. I wish I would have kept the other one anyway because they are kind of neat rifles.