standard of living

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

zadok2
    (2/16/03 7:56:05 pm)
    Reply standard of living
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is our standard of living falling? See news-http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/warofwords

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (2/17/03 5:43:20 am)
    Reply Re: standard of living
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First time I noticed you posting Zodoc---welcome---if your post was designed as a question, I would ask for a clarification of when and where are you referring. In the desert southwest, it is raising for many folks including the Navajos up on the reservation---new homes replacing the old style hogans for instance---down here in the valley, work is very plentiful for those who desire work---food prices are stable and food is plentiful--gasoline prices are climbing at an alarming rate---SUV owners are now whining at the cost of filling those big tanks much like those new parents are whining about another mouth to feed here in the new year. I suppose everything is relative---lot's more young folks sleep in their cars over in San Francisco than do here becasue of the real estate costs. It would make for a good lively discussion, Zodoc---if some of the lurkers would get into the discussion and tell us about their situations---. Wilborn

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/18/03 12:02:24 am)

Re: standard of living
    Gas is up to an average of $1.75 where I am Chief,
    seems like fuel in general is climbing through the
    roof lately, heating fuel oil is up, there's a shortage
    of propane so it's up.

Remember the gas shortage in the early 70's? odd
    number plates were permited to purchase gas on
    one day, and even numbers on the next, the lines
    seemed like they went on for miles.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (2/18/03 12:44:16 am)
    I know the price of fuel is going up but has anyone gone into the grocery stores lately? Now that one is a shocker also. Have to get back to basics and do more home cookin instead of grabbing those almost ready foods. Not only better for you but gives you something different to do with your spare time...LOL

Hope

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (2/18/03 12:44:53 am)
    Zodoc,

Welcome to the board!

Seems you are a pretty private person, Smart move. Glad to have ya on board!

berto

Endeaver to Persevere<br>

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/18/03 1:02:26 am)

Re: standard of living
    Looks like a spam samitch berto!

Hope,

Your right, how could I forget the dreaded super market?

$50.00 gets ya lunch!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac