Star 9mm Serial Number Question?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lagose, Mar 29, 2008.

1. lagose

lagose New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I am wondering if anyone knows anthing about this pistol my father left me.
    It is a Star Model B, Serial number 460071. I am unable to find very much information on it, does anyone have any suggestions on how to find information? I looked it up with the Proof dating and learned it was made in 1955, but that was all I could find. Any helps is very much appreciated!!

2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    What do you want to know about it?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008

3. lagose

lagose New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Thank you. I am wondering where I can look up information about them. I know they are made in Spain and I found on the net where some were made for the German Army and some for Soviet Police, so I am wondering how to find out about this one specifically. Is there a place to look up by serial number to find out about a specific gun? Is there some place to look for who it was made for as mentioned above? I am curious as to it's history if there is a way to track anything at all about guns.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and offer to help.

Best to you,
    Leslie

4. lagose

lagose New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Thank you Bill!
    I greatly appreciate your help.
    Best to you,
    Leslie