Star Model 1921

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 9:27:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Star Model 1921
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Won an auction this weekend for a Star Model 1921 pistol. The fellow selling it had it listed "Star - Star Pistol" then in the description he described it as a Star Model A. Nothing special, and I was about to move on, when I looked at the pistol photo - and did a double take. It has a grip safety, and the lettering on the slide was a bit different. It is a Model 1921, that was only produced for one year, and the following year they developed the Model 1922 (later designated the Model A) that didn't have the grip safety. Only a couple thousand of these were made.

So, no activity on the bids, and I waited until about an hour before closing to throw my bid out there. One other person (Lokicat) must have also realized what it was, and did some bidding against me; however, I do believe I ended up winning it at a good value at $255. If this fellow had listed it as a Model 1921, I think it would have caught more attention, and probably gone more like $375 to $400.

A good day on the auctions!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 9:59:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Star Model 1921
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sniper!

Nice goin' Bob.

Silver72
    (11/11/02 1:29:13 pm)
    Hi Bob! Do you still have the Astra 1921 with box and papers I sold you some time back? You must quite a few.
    wcreel

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 1:49:49 pm)
    Oh yes, I still have that jewel! I have several Astra 1921 (400) pistols in older import boxes now - quite an added value, and also helps to recreate the import history.

I have come to the realization that these Model 1921 Star pistols were mixed in with a bunch of Model A pistols when they were imported, and got labeled as such. Kind of like finding a diamond in the rough! The one I got previously was in an older import box, and it was labeled "Star Model A".

Edited by: Bob In St Louis at: 11/11/02 1:53:30 pm

Silver72
    (11/11/02 3:24:14 pm)
    Bob, the discussion above, "I Picked up a ..." is one of my .45s. Got any you can't stand and want to get rid of?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 3:47:30 pm)
    Even though I have this affliction - er, I mean affection? for that Spanish and foreign stuff, I do keep a few more modern American made items around for standard service. I have a Colt Govt.Model, Series 80 - accurate shooting piece.

Sorry to say, the old Colts are not my bag, and I don't have any. There is a fellow here in St. Louis (Jan Jett) that collects these old Colts, so I leave all that stuff to him - I direct the Colts his way, he directs the Spanish stuff my way at the gun shows.

sig230
    (11/23/02 4:18:25 pm)
    STARs rule. In fact, IMHO, the STAR UltraStar may well be the best compact 9mm pistol ever made. It's always interesting when I let friends shoot it and then tell them later it's a polymer frame pistol. The normal reaction is "No Way!"