1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Star pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by wdbf, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wdbf

wdbf New Member

Anybody handled one of the Star BM 9mms that are showing up as surplus? $130 seems pretty reasonable if its a halfway decent pistol
  2. rescue2553

rescue2553 New Member

wdbf,
    I have owned one for about 10 years now I purchased it before this new wave of imports have hit the market, I enjoy the pistol for a 9mm good and accurate for a short range pistol and well made. I have never had any complaints with mine. I think more than anythig is it what you want.
  3. offeror

offeror New Member

Star makes good 1911-inspired pistols, often without the grip safety, which I prefer anyway. These are generally judged better than the Llamas and some other imports you'll see advertised. I have owned a couple of Star PDs and been delighted in all aspects. They are clearly not the most modern pistols but they are sufficient, well made and well finished -- they do work, by the way, and are reliable enough for defense. A set of aftermarket grips can dress them up if you like that sort of thing. The Star BMs are always praised by those that own them -- in my experience.
  4. Wadcutter

Wadcutter New Member

I have owned a couple of Star pistols and the only complaint I have is that they are prone to rust easily. Front pocket, hot day, rusted gun. :(