Star pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by wdbf, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wdbf

wdbf New Member

Anybody handled one of the Star BM 9mms that are showing up as surplus? $130 seems pretty reasonable if its a halfway decent pistol
  2. rescue2553

rescue2553 New Member

wdbf,
    I have owned one for about 10 years now I purchased it before this new wave of imports have hit the market, I enjoy the pistol for a 9mm good and accurate for a short range pistol and well made. I have never had any complaints with mine. I think more than anythig is it what you want.
  3. offeror

offeror New Member

Star makes good 1911-inspired pistols, often without the grip safety, which I prefer anyway. These are generally judged better than the Llamas and some other imports you'll see advertised. I have owned a couple of Star PDs and been delighted in all aspects. They are clearly not the most modern pistols but they are sufficient, well made and well finished -- they do work, by the way, and are reliable enough for defense. A set of aftermarket grips can dress them up if you like that sort of thing. The Star BMs are always praised by those that own them -- in my experience.
  4. Wadcutter

Wadcutter New Member

I have owned a couple of Star pistols and the only complaint I have is that they are prone to rust easily. Front pocket, hot day, rusted gun. :(