Starting a diet today.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hjsmith00843, Jun 24, 2012.

1. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 Member

trying to loose some weight. I would like to loose about 25 pounds. I am addicted to food. I love those pot pies and Pepsi products. I can go thru about 2 2 liter bottles of pepsi in a day.
  2. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

The first thing you need to do is decaffinate ! Then go to work on the Sugar . Drink a lot of water , and get some excersize ! Eat till you are no longer hungry , not till you're full . This is easiest done by taking small portions . Don't go for seconds if you aren't still hungry . That may sound silly , but most overweight people eat out of habit , not because they're hungry !
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I know somebody who lost 20 lbs just by exercising and stopping drinking sodas. You'd be surprised.

Good luck though. I need to get on a diet too. I have a big gut for my age (25). I'd like to go from 210 down to ~190.
  4. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My good friend was 360+ pounds and I began encouraging him to lose weight and started him off with a diet. 2 years later he was and still is a solid 230. He looks great and he says he feels younger too. The biggest things were, he quit eating out, no soda pop, no eating after five o'clock, and he took a nice walk every night and built it up to being a brisk walk and increased his distance over time. You can do it. For a drink, try decaf suntea with lemon and local raw honey. Put in one teaspoon og the honey per each gallon. The honey will give you natural energy and it will help with sinus issues. Then, when you are shopping before you check out make sure everything in your cart is healthy. Also, while you are in line look at people and take notice of what is in their carts. It is surprising how much junk people put in their carts and don't even think about it.
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Boy, I sure have a tough time losin it too, sittin at 280 and can't get back down to 260. I have a couple friends that have went on the lean quiseane meals, 4/day and that's it. They have all lost 35 lbs in a couple months. I'm picking a month's supply up but wifey says it won't be enough eats for me.