Starting my first AR15 build

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by cahlersmeyer, Dec 8, 2010.

1. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer New Member

Hello all! I fell into some money today, to the tune of $1k, and I am looking to start my first AR15 build.

I know I want this partial lower from Spike's Tactical
    [​IMG]

And I have heard wonderful things about this Noveske flash hider
    [​IMG]

Anyone have advice? I'm not trying to be a Magpul minion either...

God bless!
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

what cha got in mind? m4 carbine, varminter, etc?
    Fail zero bolt and carrier would be a nice custom piece.
  3. cahlersmeyer

cahlersmeyer New Member

Yeah, an M4 is my standard issue weapon, I'd like to have my own personal one.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

decisions decisions:D You will need a good vice and an armorers tool. I recommend the USMC armorers tool, brownells will have what you need, as well as videos to watch to give you some ideas on where to start. I have some spare parts if youre interested. Ill dig through my AR box and see what I have, just off the top of my head I know I have a Hogue O/M pistol grip and a Full length 2 piece aluminum float tube, as well as a Chip McCormick supermatch trigger unit, and a buttload of Pmags (prolly 6 or 7). I had the Float tube installed on a Carbine, being full length it hid the gas system entirely and looked pretty mean. Ill sell you the whole box cheap if youre interested.