Starting pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by GregMcKinnon, May 4, 2012.

1. GregMcKinnon

GregMcKinnon New Member

I have a H&R - 9 shot (22) starting pistol that was my father's. It has a serial # AH 42242 on the butt. Left side barrel marking MODEL 970 - 22 cal. BLANK. Also H&R on both sides of grip. When was it manufactured and was there a original holster available? We help run a memorial track meet and use it to start all the races since he passed. I don't have a holster for it and would like to purchase one similar to the original if possible?
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Original holsters were not made for this pistol. Incidentally, last year I sold one in mint condition for $95.
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

You could find an Uncle Mikes or similar type of Nylon Holster for it. Wally World had some nice Blackhawk holsters the other day and I couldn't believe how cheap they were.