State ID card

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ok, I'm pretty much at my wits end.
    My son needs an ID card. He lost his SS card, which is required to get an ID card. He can't get the SS card replaced without ID.:mad::mad::mad:

Aliens can get certification from their country and get a card, but my kid can't!:mad::mad::mad:

A mexican can get the ok from a foreign government and they're good to go.
    Yet my son can get his own governments help in the matter!?:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there a US embassy in the US?

Talk about messed up! No wonder we're doomed.:eek::mad:
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Sounds like a stupid policy to me.

Do you have a birth certificate, would that help?
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I would think taking him and his birth certificate to SS administration office would do it. Of course, there is the possibility of some guff.....Try the same at the courthouse for an ID card.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

A birth certificate would likely help you get your SS card replaced.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

He's got his BC, two years of filing with the IRS, school records, etc.
    HOWEVER! He's 19 years old.

It's a walk in the park if your 18 and 364 days.
    19? No way unless your Jose. Or Juan, Achmed, Jamaal, Dimetrie, Kim Sung, etc.....

College ID? Nu uh. I pay the bills. I own the home. I will NOT allow his phone# (or mine) to be published. Yes, if your name is in a phone book, it's considered valid ID.:eek::rolleyes:

So what's a 19 y/o white male to do?

How can he be an upright citizen when the government won't let him?
    He pays taxes, and this is what he gets?

Bank account? Check.
    IRS documents? Check.
    12 years of school records? Check.
    Divorce documents? Check.
    Immunization records? Check.
    Child support? Check.
    College transcripts? Check.
    Birth Certificate? Check.

Bills in his name? Nope.
    Published phone number? Nope.
    ID? Duh.....:rolleyes:

We have millions of illegals running around breaking the law, but the law forbids my kid from being law abiding..:mad:
  6. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Is he still in college? If he is a current school ID will work if not, have him enroll in 1 class at the local community college get a current ID and go from there.... According to the social security website a BC AND another current ID is good enough. Go in person, they are much easier to deal with that way and DO NOT go on a Monday, Tuesday or the first 5 days of the month. If the case worker will not help just climb the ladder. The key is everything has to be valid and if it is a picture ID it is even better. Employee ID cards work too if they have the required info. Good Luck

Replacement Social Security Card for a U.S.-Born Citizen

You can replace your Social Security card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you may not need to get a replacement card. Knowing your Social Security number is what is important. You are limited to three replacement cards in a year and 10 during your lifetime. Legal name changes and other exceptions do not count toward these limits. For example, changes in immigration status that require card updates may not count toward these limits. Also, you may not be affected by these limits if you can prove you need the card to prevent a significant hardship.

To get a replacement card:

Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5); and
    Show us documents proving:
    U.S. citizenship (if you have not already established your citizenship with us); and
    Identity.
    Take your completed application and documents to your local Social Security office.
    Citizenship

We can accept only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. consular report of birth, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.

Identity

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

U.S. driver’s license;
    State-issued nondriver identification card; or
    U.S. passport.
    If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

Employee ID card;
    School ID card;
    Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
    U.S. military ID card.
    We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity.

All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.

We will mail your card as soon as we have all of your information and have verified your documents. Your replacement card will have the same name and number as your previous card.

Keep your Social Security card in a safe place. It is an important document. Do not carry it with you.

7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey Bob

wanna US passport for him ??

seems the asians here are selling them for like $400 AUD

the muslims are too but i aint on nice terms with them

good luck eh

jack