State sovereignty movement

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ampaterry, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry for being scarce in thes parts for the past couple days; I am getting a new group going, and it is VERY time consuming to get everything up and running - :confused:

But I just got this in E-mail from a friend, and I knew many here would be interested. It is a site that is keeping up with the State Sovereignty movement. You can track where every state is at by checking here:

http://www.mrstep.com:80/politics/az-wa-mo-nh-ok-claiming-sovereignty/

If someone has already posted this and I missed it, please just consider the source and ignore this post -
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Thanks for the link. I just went to the link for my state and signed the online petition.
  3. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Finally VA is getting its $#!7 together! Although I am still reluctant to remain this close to D.C.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Washington HJM 4009 is locked up in committee and I suspect it will never make it out of the file cabinet. Letters on the way to my people.

Pops
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

It's good to see my State Representative active in this fight. :D :D
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I see NH voted it down. Not surprising as in 2006 the blue hoard took over and now the state has a huge looming budget deficit. They can vote for gay rights but the rest of us can go to hell.
  7. kerk

kerk New Member

Yes, the petitions are great, but I encourage contacting your state rep and senator personally via email, phone, or fax, to either encourage their support or to ask why your state is absent from this movement, as is the case with Florida (could use some help here).

A written correspondence carries the same clout as 100 names on a petition.

It is best to request a written response, as it will at least require the attention of a staffer, and it will give you 'hard' copy of their stance.

Keep up the good work, all.......................let's keep the 'The United States' from becoming the 'State'.
  8. kerk

kerk New Member

Yup, looks like NH doesn't want to upset the feds and jeopardize their handouts or their relationship with their nanny, at least as far as their legislators go.

The citizens might have a different opinion and their next house election may tell a different story.
  9. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I can proudly proclaim that my state has been sovereign per the 10th AMENDMENT FOR 20 YEARS. It may be "blue," but it's sovereign. TJ
  10. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

Glad to hear this. But that site acts like secession is a bad word. What do these people plan to do if the national government violates state sovereignty? "Oh well, that's the way it is. It was a nice thought having a constitution and state's rights...but the federal government has the final word"
  11. kerk

kerk New Member