State Stupidity

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

docreg
    (1/24/03 3:17:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All State Stupidity
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any of you from states other than Kalifornia may know that we have a stupid "Drop Test" law that basically limits the number of "buyable" handguns to about 1/2 of the total manufactured handguns available.

Do any other states have similar laws to this? If so, which ones?

Also, are any other states limiting handgun purchases to one per month?

Thanks for the data.

Doc Reg

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 1:40:50 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: State Stupidity
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Look into Massachusetts and New Jersey, for starters.
    Rich

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/03 9:26:50 am)
    Are they looking for one that will "self destruct"?

106RR196LIB
    (1/29/03 2:26:58 pm)
    The function of our CA drop test is undoubtedly oppression not safety. They require a hefty payment by the manufacturer for every model and bbl length. The fee must be paid again if the exterior finish is changed. That's right, if the same model is offered in nickel insted of blue the whole test/fee starts over again.
    It's a felony in CA to carry a sheath knife concealed, but a misdemeanor for a snub nosed 38. Possession of a collapsible baton is a felony here. Our BMQA (Board of Medical Quality Assurance) is ranked 49th out of 50 in the US. Almost rock bottom! Our school system eats one tax dollar out of every two for it's administrators! When school taxes go up only half the money goes to kids education.
    We have many strange people in this state and they are frequently elected to public office.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 6:26:39 pm)
    How long will we be at the mercy of such crookied politics as the anti gun forces.

Gunguy

docreg
    (1/30/03 9:03:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del State Stupidity
    Hey 106RR196LIB,

Last time I checked, they up the Concealed Carry violation of a hand gun from Misdemeanor to Felony!

Just thought you might like to know.

Doc Reg

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/30/03 10:25:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: State Stupidity
    Hiya 106!

Long time no see, welcome to TFF!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

BallisticTip
    (2/18/03 7:27:45 pm)
    What do you expect with presure from Communist Congresspeople like Feinstein.