1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

States that have reciprocity with SD for concealed carry

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by warpig, Apr 29, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Some general info:)

The State of South Dakota has on file Reciprocity Agreements with the following states:

Alaska
    Florida (including non-resident permits)
    Georgia
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Montana
    North Dakota
    Utah (Limited to 60 consecutive days) (including non-resident permits)
    Wyoming

You must obey the laws of the state of which you are carrying in.
  2. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

When did this law pass? Last I knew we would not honor any other states ccl. Most states will honor ours if we do the same.
  3. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

I wonder why the 60 limit on Utah permits? www.packing.org has a lot of good info on CCW.
  4. warpig

warpig Guest

Last year they passed a law authorizing the Secretary of State to negotiate with other states for reciprocity.

So far they have aggreements with the states I listed.

I think the Sec of State got tired of my emails as to the status of this and finally put it up on the website. Here is the link.

http://www.state.sd.us/sos/Firearms/index.htm
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hey Piggy....maybe you can swap a Senator with one of those other states! :D
  6. warpig

warpig Guest

How about we just swap some sense into his head with a big post.

He doesn't even maintain a residence in SD. His kids did not go to school here his wife is not from here. He has NO contact with people from SD other than he used to live here and his mother lives in SD.

He does make fact finding trips through SD stopping to meet peple and talking. I went to one of those. It was an orchestrated whitewashed dog and pony show. Anyone who asked a question that was not to his liking or critical of him and the microphone was whisked away to one of the people with the prior approved political correct questions.

In case anyone is wondering who I mean it is Tom Daschle.