States That Require Permits

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by OBrien, Sep 17, 2009.

1. USMARINE1884

USMARINE1884 New Member

Lol im in NJ, NY state isn't bad at least you do not need an Id card to purchase a muzzle loader in NY! I actually do not mind the gun laws for the most part. Some are ridiculous and we should have the "right to carry" but hey I deal with it. The NJ state government is actually the most powerful in the U.S. in terms of actual and implied power of the government. we the people? what is that?????
  2. vulcrider

vulcrider Member

Ohio--Need certificate from certified instructor that you passed the required course, i.e, NRA basic pistol, live fire exercise and instruction on laws. Go to Sherrif's office, give $55 for background check (includes fingerprints) wait 2-4 weeks, get CCW license if no problems (Shall Issue). All eliminated with DD 214 if less than 3 years (I think).
    To buy a gun, pick out what you want, pass instant check, go pay for gun (they hand it to you outside the store). Except some cities (e.e. Cleveland, which still has gun ban in defiance of state law--suit pending).