States With The Most Guns ........

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Most definately. The fact of the matter is they will never know how many guns are in this country, but they think they have an idea and it scares them. These guns are the only thing keeping americans from being stripped of their rights and I will go as far as saying they are keeping us from being imprisoned against our own beliefs. I am proud to be a gun owner and am not ashamed to fight for what is right. This poll is bogus.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

It's based on NICS calls per 100,000 residents. Which is to say, the Daily Beast badly misnamed the article.

When I saw the one-representative states up at the top, I knew it was per capita rather than raw numbers.
    Some states run the NICS on all of their current license/permit holders on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly, etc.), a practice that would make this list wholly deceptive. I would be willing to bet that Kentucky is one that does this frequently.
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Wouldn't load on my slow dial up. When I lived in Pennsylvania, people had way more guns than here in Alaska. Friends collected them their entire lives. I had a good many friends that had over 100 guns and everybody had 20 or so. Here in Alaska, people own less guns, people around here think I have an unbelievable number, under 50.

Thing is people in Alaska shoot their guns way more, have them in every vehicle and on their person everywhere they travel and kill way more game than I ever saw any Pennsylvanians kill when I lived back there. I don't know many neighbors in Ak that have more than 6-10 and usually cheaper military surplus. Here, they just fill truck beds up with caribou, in Pa, they'd be making the paper with a trk load of deer and not in a good light.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya, I am sure.
  5. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's a meaningless poll by a bunch of halfwits trying to impress people with their grand abilities and knowledge of................well, nothing.
  6. zachp

zachp New Member

It also doesnt take into account the number of applications that have more than one firearm on a single application. BS numbers all around.
  7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

What happened to Florida? From what I read in the news, you'd think every man, woman and child was armed to the teeth!
  8. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

Yep, I caught that too. ND with the smallest population of any state ranks in the top 10? No way. What was the purpose of that article? To whom was it addressed and what was it trying to convince?
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thats what I am saying about Illinois. People are really getting into guns here.