Stay away from I.O. Inc.!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by K75RT, Dec 30, 2010.

1. K75RT

K75RT New Member

Folks,
    I want to let the members know to steer clear of I.O. Inc. their customer service is below poor. I bought a I.O. Hellcat .380 from Budsgunshop, once I got it home I noticed that the magazine was hard to seat and when the magazine release button was pressed you have to pull the mag out as it does not fall free. I picked the gun up at my FFL on 11/27 a Saturday; I called I.O on Monday the 29th and was told that they would send me a return authorization and shipping paid both ways as it was a new gun. I have called weekly and emailed them numerous times(email never answered). Last week I called and talked to them and I was told that the RA was on her desk and would be in the mail. Today I called and spoke with this individual again she told me that if I wanted to get my pistol fixed that I'd have to pay shipping both ways and that her boss put an end to them paying for RAs. I can not be mad at her she is merely the messenger, I asked to speak to her boss and she said that she'd email me his email addy....as of 530pm I've yet to get his email addy. Steer clear of I.O. Inc, they lie and they reneg on deals. Mine is in dispute with my credit card company we'll see how this plays out.
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that. Buds should step up and take charge and contact the manufacture themselves. They probably could get something done. If it was thru me, thats what I would do. Have you asked them? I would at least ask. I would consider giving you a refund as long as its unfired or trade it out on another one and then send that one back if I had another one in stock. I would try all I could....Good luck...
  3. K75RT

K75RT New Member

Ya know I never did contact Buds, I've bought lots of guns from them and only had one other problem. However they did tell me that once you leave the transfer FFL with the gun the warrantee work is up to the manufacturer..
    I went to Buds site and asked them if they might be able to help, thanks for the input will keep the forum updated..
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  4. Double D

Yea, that is part of the problem with ordering from the big boys and not your local shop. I am not knocking anybody here because I really dont know their policy and have not done much business with them. I just hope you can get someone to help....
  5. K75RT

K75RT New Member

When I came home today I checked my email and this was the reply from Budsgunshop.com; they are a standup company unlike I.O. Inc. I will keep the board apprised of any new developments..

Mr. K75RT, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your I.O. Hellcat. It is under the manufacturer's warranty, so I am sure they will repair or replace your firearm. I will send you a pre-paid shipping label for the return of your Hellcat to the manufacturer. This will be a UPS call tag. Please package your gun according to the instructions from I.O. and we will take care of the shipping fees. Thank you for your business. Thank You, BRAD Brad C Budsgunshop.com 1105 Industry Rd Lexington, KY 40505 Phone 1-859-368-0371Fax 1-800-804-5569
  6. Double D

Glad to hear it. I kinda figured they could deal with it. Congrats, hope it works out...
  7. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

You might also contact the Attorney General's office in your state. It is amazing what those people can do with just one phone call. Good Luck
  8. K75RT

K75RT New Member

Gene,
    Not hardly in my state, the outgoing AG is an antigun liberal Dem; the newly elected replacement is an anti gun zealot.....Hmmm, anti gun democrats,, By the way the outgoing AG is now the senator from the State of CT....sad...but off the subject, VISA and budsgunshop.com seem to have taken the bull by the horns...
  9. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

I've done one order though I.O. and they are certifiably ate up like a soup sandwich. On the non-firearms side there is no inventory automation, stock numbers are meaningless and if you call for availability you have to trust that the gomer who goes out to look in the bin actually knows what he is looking at.
    In other words they should start contracting with the government and leave the civilian market alone.
  10. K75RT

K75RT New Member

An update. I.O Inc has my Hellcat back for repair/replacement..have not heard anything from them as of today.
  11. K75RT

K75RT New Member

I contacted I.O today and my pistol is supposed to be here tomorrow weather depending. They have sent ZERO correspondence since the received the pistol. See what tomorrow brings.
  12. K75RT

K75RT New Member

I received the pistol yesterday, it seems to function ok, will try to get to range soon to shoot it. Budsgunshop.com is outstanding, I.O. Inc. will never get any of my money, ever.
  13. golfandguns

golfandguns New Member

I have read posts here slamming I.O. Inc. and their guns. I have owned my Hell Hound for close to three year and I have never had a problem. I told my brother about I.O. and he and his father in-law have purchased guns in the past year without any issues. So far, very good! I am looking forward to purchasing another no hesitation.
  14. I.O. Inc.

I.O. Inc. New Member

Come back to I.O. Inc.!

Hello everyone. After reviewing the posts here concerning I.O. Inc. I feel the need to reply with some much needed current information regarding I.O. Inc. I.O. has recently completed the re-location process from Monroe, North Carolina to a new state of the art facility in Palm Bay, Florida. With this transition to the "space coast" of Florida, I.O. Inc. has been able to hire many quality engineers and assembly personnel that previously were employed by some of the top contractors for the United States space program. I.O. Inc. has invested heavily in new production/manufacturing equipment as well as the training policies and procedures of the new I.O. Inc. staff members. I.O. Inc. is committed to giving our customers the best firearm that money can buy. After all, with the current economic times being what they are, you have the right to be pleased knowing that your money is indeed being spent on a quality engineered firearm that is MADE IN THE USA. The I.O. Inc. website is currently going through much needed changes as well. There will be a revised and expanded video section that will showcase our modern milling process. You will have the opportunity to witness yourself the process of making a firearm.

I wanted to write this note to you to inform you of the change for the better that is currently taking place at I.O. Inc and to welcome you to visit our website or to call and speak to one of our dedicated staff members in our expanded customer service department. Thank you for you time.

"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear." - Socrates
  15. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Thanks for posting updated information.

Just remember that only one user name is allowed when you join our forum.
    Not two. Yes we check IP addresses when members join and we also check for duplicate accounts. Guess what!!
  16. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Never heard of 'em. Link to their website doesn't work.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  17. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

I assume the first 2 posts are from the same IP?:eek:
    If so I would hesitate to do business with a company that resorts to such a practice. the post from the company would have been well recieved, if it had addressed the OP's origional post...but if the first post is also from that company ...they shot their creditabilty in the leg themselves!

just my 2 cents..:D
  18. K75RT

K75RT New Member

As I am the original poster let me follow up with I.O. Inc., I got the gun back and took it to the range back in 2011 and the extractor broke, they were MIM extractors, metal injection molded, junk. I contacted I.O. Inc and asked for the new steel extractor they sent me two. The pistol had feeding issues, the feed ramp had more bumps than a country road.. the feed ramp was polished and it'll feed a JHP, now. There was scraping of the top of the barrel caused by burs on the slide the slide was de-burred and the
    barrel hood polished. The issues were with a I.O. Inc. HELLCAT not a Hell Hound which is an AK variant.. the Hellcat is a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT. Here is a picture of the gun after I finished deburring and polishing and stoning to make it work properly.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    I will stand by my assessment of I.O. and their terrible customer service, their 1st generation HELLCAT was not ready for shipping. When I talked to them they told me that there were updates such as better sights and improved magazines. I asked if I could get a replacement they said "No." So no I.O. Inc. for me... and if they are posting rebuttals under different names from the same address it shows you what they are...Right Uli? Remember we emailed and I told you what I thought of your poor customer service....
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  19. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Thanks for this post. I have been "sorta" looking around for a smaller BUG type pistol and had looked these over for some consideration. I'll certainly pass on them, both for the problems that you had in getting a simple problem taken care of as well as the "hokum" postings. If they have enough time to scour the internet looking for people talking bad about their firearms, they could simply spend that time taking care of the customers instead, then they wouldn't have to worry about the first!!
  20. K75RT

K75RT New Member

Their site is down probably because of their move from NC to FL. Here is a link to the president of I.O, Inc. website. Ask him why they phantom post on websites and don't take care of quality issues or customer service as needed.... http://ulrichhwiegand.com/