1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Steele & Lathrop Percussion rifle. Any Info on value or history?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by geo3310, Nov 11, 2009.

1. geo3310

geo3310 New Member

Hello Everybody,

The only info I have on this gun is from the book "American Firearms Makers" by A. Merwyn Carey, 1953. The book states: "Steel & Lathrop about 1860. Makers of percussions saw-handle pistols at Albany, New York." I think that the spelling of Steel is a typo in the book. I have had the gun looked at by some local civil war experts and they are fairly sure that this is a period piece. The barrel is 32" and the gun is 47 1/2" overall. I am interested in finding out more about the maker, the caliber, and a possible value for future resale. This is my first post and I will try to upload some photos. Thanks for any info you can provide. Geo3310

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Check your private messages
  3. uiarms

uiarms New Member

I too have one of these rifles and would like to know some info on it.
  4. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

The only thing I've got re Steele & Lathrop is that they were active in the New York area c. 1860.
  5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice looking piece. I dont know anything about it, but I like it. Looks like you were at a gunshow from the orange tie strap.