The Firearms Forum banner

STEN Mk-II to IV semi auto closed bolt conversion

9K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  Zigzag2 
G
#1 ·
Gunther WZ
(4/22/02 6:04:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All STEN Mk-II to IV semi auto closed bolt conversion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on a kit to transform any STEN MkII into a semi automatic MkIV with:
1)closed bolt
2)firing pin block automatic safety
3)folding stock
The guy who asked for the drawings told me to revert to the MkII layout. I am still interested in the MkIV layout and the main design is almost finished. Since here in Brazil I can't work with weapons, I'm ready to make any kind of deal. How much could I ask for the drawings.

Tac401
Administrator
(4/23/02 10:15:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: STEN Mk-II to IV semi auto closed bolt conversion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunther,

First thing you need to do is to Copyright and Paten the
drawings before you show them to ANYONE!

As far as how much to ask for them, I'd do the above
first, then send copies out to specific firearms mfg's
and distributors(if you will be the mfg.)then see what
the offers and or responses are.

If you need any help let me know!
TFF VMBB Email Tac

Gunther WZ
(4/23/02 10:31:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del patent
Yeah, a patent. But I am a Brazilian... and short of cash. Even in Brazil a patent would be expensive (and useless, in Brazil nothing is sacred).
I have a lot of reasons to trust the guy:
1)he is fond of firearms
2)he knows my drawings, we can make more money later

One day...I will live in REAL democracy.
Brazilian firearms industries are not interested in any native design, even for free (our policemen are using SMG's from Chile!!). Really, I have nothing to loose, but no time to wait, I am getting old here. I will take the risk!
Where is the best place in America for gun lovers??? Brazil sucks!

ruffitt
*TFF Senior Staff*
(4/27/02 6:01:09 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: STEN Mk-II to IV semi auto closed bolt conversion
Gunther WZ -

Quote:
Where is the best place in America for gun lovers??? Brazil sucks!

I don't think there is, or could be, a "best place". Just about anywhere in the USA, with the exception of the Federal Republik of Kalifornia would be a good place.

Truth be told, I think anywhere West of the Mississippi (again, Kalifornia excluded) would be a fine choice.

However, you know you must consider your lifestyle, family status, vocation, dreams, desires and assets when considering a venture such as you are thinking about commencing.

Best of Luck to you in your future endeavors.

RuffItt

the real fredneck
V.I.P. Member
(6/13/02 1:22:36 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: STEN Mk-II to IV semi auto closed bolt conversion
not all of the fifty states allow class 3 weapons and mine (MO) is one of them

JayL
(12/14/02 8:15:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: patent
I would suggest that if you are a shooter, and value personal freedom along with personal responsibility, and are looking to emigrate to the United States, you should consider Texas.

There are many other states that have an equal or nearly so, respect for freedom and the individual, but IMO, none beats Texas overall.

If you are interested in coming up, or just in investigating what Texas has to offer, let me know and I will post some web site links for you. We can use all the good folks we can get!
Jay L

"Move, Shoot, Communicate!"

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.