stevens 12 guage model 94?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by scmerrill71, Feb 20, 2012.

1. scmerrill71

scmerrill71 New Member

Like the title says i believe its a stevens model 94 from other pictures ive found of things similar to it. Now down to the issue it has, when it is fired it pops open. I havent started to mess with it yet but was wondering if it would be the locking bolt assembly or spring gone bad. The Top Snap doesnt seem to come all the way over when you close it up, so im figureing its not grabbing enough to keep it shut. Befor i tear into it i was wanting some ideas from others, i have just started getting into the gunsmithing aspect of things and have done basic stuff, nothing like this, hopefully im heading in the right direction with my idea, any answers will be helpfull.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

It's a place to start but check the locking bolt spring and plunger.You also want to check the ejector blank and make sure it is retracting all the way and all the components of the ejector,extractor.But it does sound like it is not locking up tight.If these are not right they can hinder a strong lock up.
    Mike
  3. scmerrill71

scmerrill71 New Member

Thank you, ive ordered some parts and im gonna see what happens.
  4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Let us know how it works out for you.
    Mike
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Goofy thread killa.

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.