Stevens auto shot .410 pistol

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by cmartin, Jul 7, 2009.

1. cakes

cakes New Member

Bill was on to something.

Also from Chapter 2:

A shot pistol (“any other weapon”) such as an H&R Handy Gun may be removed from the NFA by
    either disposing of the smooth bore barrel or permanently installing a rifled sleeve chambered to accept
    a standard pistol cartridge into the smooth bore barrel. Modified by sleeving the barrel, an H&R Handy
    Gun is no longer an NFA weapon because it now has a rifled bore.
    \

The only other reasonable way to have a legal gun would be to permanently add a barrel extension that meets minimum length requirements and brings the gun to overall minimum length requirements.
  2. utseyt

utseyt New Member

Stevens Off Hand Model 35 Shotgun

Is this gun qualified or listed as a Curio by the BATF? In my research, I am getting mixed messages in the opinions offered on this site and others. I have no registration, at this point. If it DOES qualify as a curio & relic, does that mean that I will be able to register it without fear of having it confiscated?
  3. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

NO! All being classified as a Curio and Relic does is allow holders of a FFL03 (C&R License) to sell/trade such items among themselves. (Or purchase across State Lines without going thru a dealer (FFL01). All rules and requirements of the NFA are still inforce.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009