Stevens Favorite 1915

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by chirpy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. chirpy

chirpy New Member

Hi folks,

I have a Stevens Favorite 1915 that I'm trying to restore and I have some questions about how the action is designed to work.

1) How many hammer positions are there supposed to be? Are there three (fire, half-cocked, & full cocked) are are there only two (fire & full cocked)?

2) What is the hammer position supposed to be after actuating the lever?

The hammer on my Stevens falls back on the breach block/firing pin after cocking the lever, which (per another post) may be related to a worn hammer. It can then be pulled to the full cocked position manually and fired from there. But the trigger appears to be worn as well, so I'm not sure which part to chase.

The hammer on my Win 1885 single shot goes to a half-cocked position upon actuating the lever and then must be manually pulled to full-cocked before firing. So I'm wondering if the Stevens action was designed to be similar or if it is only designed to be either in the full-cocked or firing positions.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
  2. hrf

hrf Active Member

3. chirpy

chirpy New Member

hrf,

Thanks! After looking at the categories again, I realized I probably posted to the wrong discussion board, but your info is exactly what I needed. Tons of great info on this site...

It appears that both the hammer and trigger are worn, so now it's off to find replacements or attempt repairs...

Thanks again!