stevens favorite 25 cal rimfire

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shawski45, Oct 9, 2011.

1. shawski45

shawski45 New Member

I recently purchased a 25 cal. rimfire single shot made by stevens. It has J. Stevens A & T co. chicopee falls mass usa pat APR 1794 stamped on the barrel. It has a falling block or maybe its called a rolling block action. It has three numbers right behind the lever which I am assuming is a serial no. Looking at it from one side the no. reads 666 If you turn the rifle around it reads 999 If anyone has any info on this little guy I would sure appreciate it. Wondering if I paid too much for it? thanks ----joe in mn.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF shawski45.:) Could you post some pics. It would make it easyer to give you the info. you want.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

You have a Stevens Favorite boys' rifle, one of their most successful, an approximate million made ca 1893-1939. The patent date actually reads April 17.94 [1894]. Value depends on condition, and Flayderman lists value range from $250 for Very Good condition to $600 for Excellent. Most have seen hard use, and .25 rimfire ammo is obsolete so you don't have a shooter regardless of condition. There are no serial number records to determine when your particular gun was made.