1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

stevens favorite 25 cal rimfire

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shawski45, Oct 9, 2011.

1. shawski45

shawski45 New Member

I recently purchased a 25 cal. rimfire single shot made by stevens. It has J. Stevens A & T co. chicopee falls mass usa pat APR 1794 stamped on the barrel. It has a falling block or maybe its called a rolling block action. It has three numbers right behind the lever which I am assuming is a serial no. Looking at it from one side the no. reads 666 If you turn the rifle around it reads 999 If anyone has any info on this little guy I would sure appreciate it. Wondering if I paid too much for it? thanks ----joe in mn.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF shawski45.:) Could you post some pics. It would make it easyer to give you the info. you want.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

You have a Stevens Favorite boys' rifle, one of their most successful, an approximate million made ca 1893-1939. The patent date actually reads April 17.94 [1894]. Value depends on condition, and Flayderman lists value range from $250 for Very Good condition to $600 for Excellent. Most have seen hard use, and .25 rimfire ammo is obsolete so you don't have a shooter regardless of condition. There are no serial number records to determine when your particular gun was made.