1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Stevens "Favorite" .32 long rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rcalvert1870, Oct 17, 2009.

1. rcalvert1870

rcalvert1870 New Member

Trying to find out the year and value of this gun. Its a Stevens .32 Long rolling block action I believe.I was told by a gun smith it was in 70-75% condition and the rifling hardly used. It has no pitting. It has the original butt plate which says "stevens favorite" on it. Wood stock appears beautiful with very little wear and no cracks. Has screw with a swivel through screw underneath. Has octagon brl. It says "favorite " on the top. It says "32-Long' on the side of the brl. along the side of the rear sight. It says "j.stevens A&T Co.Chicopee Falls,Mass.USA" on side. I cant find any info with the patent date on it. The front sight looks like it might be made of silver, not sure though. I think its a model 1915 No.27 but not completely sure. The serial looks like this A 0 409 0 which is underneath the stock
    Can anyone give some help. Thanks
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Welcome to TFF rcalvert1870,

It seems as if you have already done a fair amount of homework on this piece so you already know about the many variations in which the Favorite was made. In total, I believe Stevens made over a million Favorites between 1893 and 1939.

I know of no cross-reference information that will give a manufacture date/model based upon the serial number. Accordingly, I suggest you post a few photos.