Stevens Favorite

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by faubushboy73, Feb 1, 2011.

1. faubushboy73

faubushboy73 New Member

I need help with an old Stevens Favorite. It is just like all of the others you see it's a Apr. 17 94. But it has a nickel receiver. Never seen one like it. Can anyone help me with this? What's it worth? Can I still purchase differrent barrels for it?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I've never heard of Stevens offering one in a nickel finish. I have seen some of the original liturature on them and non of those ever mentioned anything about a nickle receiver, so a value is hard to assess on it. since its just a nickle receiver, I would venture a guess that yes, you can swap barrels but I issue some caution on modern ammo for them.
  3. gunplumber

gunplumber New Member

As far as I know, they were never done in NIK. I would think you have an aftermarket application. As far as ammo to use, a friend of mine used hi-vel quite a lot and to my knowldge it didn't hurt it. On the other hand, you will almost always get better accuracy with std vel loads in a 16 twist bbl so I would use those if possible. If your bbl is neediing replaced, you might consider a reline; I have had very good results with those and you keep the gun with the stampings in tact.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The original Stevens Favorite was chambered in .22, .25 and .32 rimfire.